About Me

My photo
Backpacking adventures of me and Leighton as we explore all that SE Asia has to offer. We love comments and feedback!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Relaxin the Days Away on Koh Pha Ngan

I don't have much to say about our stay in Koh Pha Ngan's Haad (beach) Yao. It was really beautiful and we spent almost all of our time relaxing. We woke up, got coffee and breakfast from the 7/11, went to the beach, had lunch from 7/11 (usually a very cheap hot dog), went back to the beach, went home, showered, read, got dinner and watched the sunset, went home and slept.

It was amazing. I loved every minute we spent on the beach! We are now both VERY brown. Yay!

So... the motor bike incident sucked. Basically I crashed it within 15 seconds of renting it, right in front of the guy I rented it from. Not happy about that. It was expensive and the guy is basically a huge creep who buys his wife nice things with the money he extorts from tourisits. Literally, charges $100 or more to completely replace parts that have a scratch that are less than 2cm long. These parts actually cost about $15 to replace. So... somewhere Buddha and Jesus are crying because people like this man pray to them and claim to be "good" human beings. Karma's a bitch is all I have to say.

We got a bit bored of it all by the end and are excited for Phuket. We'll be staying with a girl I knew in high school who lives there now. We are looking forward to some more downtime and a TV. HOORAY!



























1 comment: