About Me

My photo
Backpacking adventures of me and Leighton as we explore all that SE Asia has to offer. We love comments and feedback!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Thailand Re-Visited

Well, we're here. We are staying in a hotel room, essentially, for the next month. The building is nice and has a gym, but the pool is being renovated, so none of that. We don't have to do anything work wise until next Friday when we have our first day of orientation. Then we do training the week after that. Should be good.
We took a walk and it's like... BAM. Back in Asia! All the noise and pollution and poverty is thrust right into my face so fast. It is simultaneously overwhelming and comforting. It feels like home... which is good that I feel that way. I'm not sure why I have such an affinity for the chaotic nature of these places, but it just has an energy that Western countries don't. It's exciting and alive.

But we do not feel excited or alive at the moment. So wrecked. I slept about 30 minutes on the first plane and 20 minutes on the floor in the airport. But Malaysia has the world's most excellent coffee for less than $2 a cup and I enjoyed a few of those and some Malaysian food favorites. That kept me going. We're back in our room now, it's 5:30 and we feel like we should be asleep... haven't even had dinner yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment