About Me

My photo
Backpacking adventures of me and Leighton as we explore all that SE Asia has to offer. We love comments and feedback!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

2 Years on OR The Verdict is In!

Well... today was mine and Leighton's 2 year anniversary. We celebrated with an ice cream cone from McDonald's and 2 hours at a laundromat! Very romantic!

We are leaving for Laos in the morning. Chiang Mai has been so amazing. Such a cool city full of wonderful people about whom I can't say enough good things! We have a group of Thai friends here that will last forever!

The journey to Laos will take us overland for a day through the Thai countryside before we get on a "slowboat" that will put-put us down the Mekong river. Should be quite the experience! We'll arrive in Luang Prabang 2 days after that, making our total journey 3 days long! It's not just about the detination though, the departure is just as important.

http://templeton-leavingonajetplane.blogspot.com/

That is my classmate, Jane's, blog. She has summed up a lot more about the CELTA course and included some amazing photos. She was just the best person and I will really miss her. I'll miss them all. I already have! Wahhh!

Hope this news doesn't come off as snide, but Leighton and I BOTH got the highest possible grade in our course. It doesn't really mean much except that we're more ready to be independent teachers than not. A huge surprise considering we've both already done that! Ha ha. It does look good on a resume though!

Anyway, a couple quick emails and then I'm heading to bed. We have an early start in the morning and we just spent 2 days in the jungle and white water rafting. I slept in a mountain tribal village last night and the roosters were more than enough to wake me up... at 2am. Stupid roosters can't tell when the sun is up or down. Fools.

No comments:

Post a Comment