About Me

My photo
Backpacking adventures of me and Leighton as we explore all that SE Asia has to offer. We love comments and feedback!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

I'm done!

I just finished my last teaching practice lesson! Woo! That was my 8th, and while not my best it also wasn't my worst. I got my 3rd "above standard" for my 7th lesson. This 8th lesson might be the 4th, but I have a feeling it won't be because there were a few mistakes. Not many, and they may be deemed 'trivial', but it didn't go off without a few hitches.

Anyway, 1 more day of "class" and then a big party with all the students, trainees, trainers, and staff here at the resort! That should be fun. The monk, Dillok, in the elementary class is known to be quite the party animal. I'm interested to see his saffron robes flared out as he break dances or something crazy like that. Who knows what could happen!?

Saturday we move on to Chiang Mai City and then to Laos. Trying not to get too far ahead of myself. I would like to stay present in my surroundings and enjoy each day as it comes. This trip is so amazing and there are so many incredible things to come that Chiang Mai has almost become "just Chiang Mai." I don't want that to happen! I want to look back on each place and each people and say that I enjoyed them to their fullest potential! It's not an easy feat, though.

Saturday Leighton and I have been invited to a free "football" (soccer) match at CM Stadium, then dinner with two of our students. They're both fun, young ladies. We should have some fun with them and we'll have a chance to "encounter" Thailand. I'm pretty excited about it. Then we'll go out with our big group from the program. I don't know what to expect, but I imagine it will be quite the fiasco!

More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment