About Me

My photo
Backpacking adventures of me and Leighton as we explore all that SE Asia has to offer. We love comments and feedback!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

3 Down and...

5 to go!

I've just finished my third "teaching practice" here for my CELTA course. Things have been going well... but hectically!

This course really isn't for the faint of heart. I'm really stunned at the amount of work they want us to complete in such short amounts of time. For an example, over the weekend I had a 1000 word assignment that took 1300 words to complete, so I had to edit that down pretty harshly. I had to plan a lesson (taught it tonight), and get into the city to experience a once-in-a-lifetime festival here in Chiang Mai. Busy boy!

The festival was stunning. They float lanterns into the sky and down the river to send away their bad luck. So pretty:

That's Rebecca. She's my buddy! We bought our lantern for $2 and sent it up. I didn't pray to Buddha, much to my students' dismay.

So anyway, heaps and heaps of work to do. Blog posts won't be that frequent during my course. I'll say that I did get an "above standard" on my first teaching practice, a "to standard" on my second, and I'm pretty sure it'll be a "to standard" on the third as well. Rough stuff here.

Until the next time I need a 5 minute break,
Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment