About Me

My photo
Backpacking adventures of me and Leighton as we explore all that SE Asia has to offer. We love comments and feedback!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Monday Morning

Good morning!

It's my first Monday morning in quite a long time and somehow doesn't seem that daunting. I guess the fact that I woke up at 8:30 everyday while I was home (and 7:30 the final week) so that I could talk to Leighton has somehow prepared me for the early hour. I (fell asleep) passed out around 10pm last night while Leighton stayed up working on his packet for the class. I woke up at 6:30ish and somehow he's still sleeping! It's 10:20 Seoul time! He must have been more tired than he appeared.

So yesterday, when I got to the meeting place for the taxi to take me to this resort, I met a girl from my class called Rebecca. She's really rad. She was dressed to go running and when I talked to her and we figured out we were in class together she immediately offered to take me around Chiang Mai. Later she told me how happy she was that she didn't have to go for a run! Sounds like an author of this blog...

The rest of the day we hung out and, to any outsider, must have appeared as a couple that had been together for years. We got along so well it was like having a best friend. I'm really happy that we met so early in the day because, as others started to come along, we were a dynamic duo of sorts in our introductions and whatnot. She's very confident and professional. I was impressed with her more than once and I look forward to getting to know her better as we go along.

Leighton, a girl who worked in Jeonju (South Korea) and knows our friends from there, and I are the only 3 students who have any teaching experience. I am not sure how that will factor into our ability to complete this course, but time will tell. There is also something to say about the fact that we all taught in Korea...

It's time for breakfast now, then a short break before classes begin. They start at 10:30 today, but the rest of the course they won't start until 11:30! Talk about a luxurious morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment