About Me

My photo
Backpacking adventures of me and Leighton as we explore all that SE Asia has to offer. We love comments and feedback!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

First Teaching Practice

Last night Leighton and I both had our first Teaching Practice. That's when we get up in front of the class of Thai (adult) students and do our thing. I think mine went pretty well and Leighton thinks the same about his. We get feedback from our classmates and trainers later today. We'll be able to hear how others saw us and listen to some good advice about things we can change and things that we should retain in the next TP.

I'm feeling really comfortable here at the course and training center. Winter in Chiang Mai is very pleasant. We've been leaving the windows open all day and have our fan running when we're in the room. At night we keep the windows closed and the air on because the noises here are pretty much what you'd expect: packs of wild dogs barking and howling, peacocks cocking, roosters crowing, and bugs screeching with fear as lizards set upon them. I'm pretty sure the lizards do some of the barking too, but Leighton thinks they sound more like birds. Not really sure.

Anyway, the food has been so good that I think I've eaten double portions at almost every meal. We've had some excellent curry and incredible Thai dishes that just win on every level. We both agree that if we died and went to Thai food heaven it wouldn't be dissimilar from this place. In the mean time, the coffee is terrible. Packets of powdered shit! The other American girl, Rebecca, and I are really lamenting our lack of Dunkin Donuts right now! Oh to have some bad gas station Joe...

No comments:

Post a Comment